New to baby shower planning? Here are some tips and tricks to help you as you plan a baby shower. You’ve got this! Show her some love. Lots and lots of it! There is nothing wrong with trying to keep your Mom-to-be happy within reason. A baby shower doesn’t have to be extravagant to be a good one; it just needs to be personal, thoughtful and well planned out.
As a general rule, pick one or two things your Mom-to-be wishes for and really wants in order to guide your next moves.
Set a Budget
- When your favorite person is having a baby, it’s only natural that you want to do everything you can to make them smile. But as any shower planner knows, food, alcohol, invitations, gifts, and favors can add up, so set a budget to make your life easier.
Pick a Venue & Theme
- Then send out invitations. To do so, get the guest list from your future Mom-to-be. If you don’t have a home to accommodate the group, pick a restaurant with a good terrace or a private dining room.
- When it comes to themes, don’t limit yourself to a purely “pink” or “blue” theme, as the possibilities for a hip theme are endless. One easy way to be creative is to look at the calendar for seasonal inspirations like Spring, Fall, and Winter, or a Summer theme.
- If you’re going to include the Dad-to-be and his friends, consider some guy-friendly themes. Make it a co-ed baby shower perhaps? Whatever you choose, plan to send out your invitations at least 4-6 weeks ahead of time.
Consult with the Mom-to-be
- The Mom-to-be needs to approve the date, time, and give you a guest list to what is best for her and find out what she really does or does not want and accommodate her where you can.
- Most baby showers are thrown in mid-morning or sometime in the afternoon, so a full meal really isn’t necessary. Find out your Mom-to-be’s pregnancy cravings and food aversions, and serve appetizers that factor them in. The food preparations can be simple and easy to do. On top of that, the preparation can be done ahead of your event, allowing you to enjoy more time with your guests.
A few ideas:
- A simple brunch
- Fun food bar
One of my suggestions would be to make some Chocolate Caramel Pretzels: this sweet and salty combination is to-die-for. Basically, you just dip the pretzels into melted caramel then into the chocolate and sprinkle with your favorite topping. They are absolutely delicious! Also, you could make homemade macadamia or peanut butter cookies, or keep it simple and order them. Same goes for the cake, homemade or just order it.
- You’ll need drinks to wash down that food, so serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. White wine, champagne, or a signature drink of your own would be just fine. Make sure the Mom-to-be has her preferred drink, too!
Activities and Games
- Most of the time, some baby shower games are painfully cheesy. Have a little fun with it! Think of what you’d like to do. Do some research and pick out a few games. Here are a few of my ideas.
Lastly, I want to show off two more things to go hand in hand with a baby shower.
Keepsake & Game for New Mom + Dad, 50-pack
Fun for Parents. Wishes + Wisdom for Mommy + Daddy To Be. Boy or Girl.
- Baby shower guests will be entertained by 2 unique double-sided designs on very thick, beautiful paper card stock. 50 pack card set includes 25 cards per design.
- Large 5 x 7-inch advice cards provide tons of room for shower party guests to write messages & words of wisdom. Smudge-resistant paper for perfect results!
- The perfect fun addition to any celebration, gender reveal party, sprinkle, or baby boy or girl shower. Includes enough for all your guests!
- Eco-friendly matte card stock is easy to write on & lasts for years! Other brands have thin, floppy cards. Includes keepsake box to preserve cards.
- Your purchase comes with a free printable e-book of fun shower games, guest log, and gift log to match your Advice & Prediction cards. Impress your guests!
First Year Baby Memory Book and Baby Journal
Modern baby shower gift. Keepsake for new parents to record photos + milestones. Five-year scrapbook + picture album. Boy + girl
- Easily record all of baby’s milestones with 56 pages of modern designs featuring Instagram-friendly square photo frames.
- New parents are guided through the first year with monthly birthday pages, major milestones and holidays. PLUS years 1-5 and space for personal stories.
- Thrill parents with this unique & thoughtful gift! Features beautiful illustrations and a hard-cover lay-flat design. Free gift coupon included!
- Text and designs have been carefully selected to accommodate a variety of parenting scenarios & holidays. No family is left out. See holiday list below.
- Thick, eco-friendly, archival quality pages preserve memories & stories for generations. The perfect photo album, diary, & scrapbook for the first 5 years!
A few others to check out…
Have fun planning the baby shower! If you ever need a hand or have any questions, please leave them in the comments section or email me. I would love to hear them. Feel free to check out my Wealthy Affiliate Profile.